There are so many elements to consider while planning an event, it can become difficult keeping track of them all! There’s booking a venue, a photographer, the caterer, a DJ, coordinating the wet bar, and plenty more. But what really tends to tie everything together are the details. At Art of the Event, we believe that the appropriate floral design is essential to creating a fully realized event atmosphere.
Sure, you can opt for any flowers you want, flown in from all over the world, but by paying attention to what is and is not in season locally you can save money and often get the freshest florals available. Here are a few tips on what to look for during each season:
- Blooming branches are a wonderful way to celebrate the theme of a new beginning. In a corporate setting they may signify the beginning of a new business venture or merger. In social events they can symbolize new relationships and new births. Cherry blossoms have a short season but they are worth the wait!
- Tulips are always an option in the spring months. From March to May tulips are in peak bloom and come in so many different colors you can always accommodate almost any event’s color scheme… not to mention they are a crowd favorite!
- Peonies, ranging in color from fuchsia through various shades of pink to white add romance and sophistication to weddings and other social events. The local peony season, like that of all blooming branches, is short and it varies due to weather conditions, so always ask your designer to recommend back up options just in case!
Embrace the warm weather with exotic florals that stand up to heat! Orchids of various varieties, protea, calla lilies and gorgeous foliage pair well together and exude a creative and lasting impression.
- Summer is hydrangea season. This is when the biggest, brightest hydrangea heads are available which is why they are a favorite for summertime welcome receptions, Clambakes and, of course, summer Weddings.
- Dahlias, Gladiolus and lush, hanging amaranth are all in their peak in the summertime.
- Mix and match different summer varieties to add depth, color and texture to your event design.
Fall boasts a gorgeous balance of vibrant colors like rich red, burnt orange and golden yellow leaves with natural, muted textures.
- Organic accents are popular during the fall season. Embrace an earth-theme and choose strategically placed moss, fall-colored leaves and wood.
- Greenery as a theme is the perfect choice for those who want to keep things simple and natural.
- A “gathered from the garden” arrangement for your event celebrates the beauty of the harvest.
AotE floral designers recommend ornamental kale, mini gourds and pumpkins, bittersweet branches, pods and berries — all are interesting and complimentary to seasonal blooms like sunflowers, zinnias, mums and more!
During the winter months create an icy vibe by using a mixed-metals palette using silver-toned foliage such as eucalyptus, dusty miller, painted magnolia leaves, glittered birch or manzanita branches.
- Textured arrangements such as dark-colored flowers paired with wooden elements and pine greens are great for a winter setting. Adding white twinkle lights will transform your table into a winter wonderland.
- It’s always a great idea to add some pops of color against a more neutral-colored back drop. Adding hints of red berries to an arrangement placed on a white tablescape is the perfect way to add contrast.
Feel free to consult with one of our in house Floral Designers regarding your seasonal floral questions and requests!
You’ve had all winter to browse Pinterest, ask friends and family members for opinions, and perhaps do a bit of shopping. But now is the time to really buckle down and make some decisions on what you want your wedding to look and feel like. If you still feel a bit overwhelmed by your options, we’re here to give you some insight on what this year’s biggest wedding trends are.
The Comeback of Earthy Colors
As springtime goes into full swing, everything is in bloom with soft pastel colors and hundreds of shades of green and earthy tones. Opt for soft, earthy colors for your springtime wedding color scheme so you and your guests can feel relaxed and refreshed. Light green, beige and pastel accents on tables look great against white or off-white table cloths.
The Rejection of Wedding Traditions
Traditions? Couples want to start their own now; the excitement in the room when the bride throws the bouquet or the tears being shed from laughing during the removal of the garder are history for some. BUT, do not worry, couples have begun their own traditions that are catching on quickly; such as wedding weekends or custom menus (including late night snacks….yum!). There are so may unique and fun ways to make your wedding one to remember, dig deep and really make it your special day!
Safe to say social media has taken over the world as we know it! Some may say “Oh no!” but we say “Oh yes!” Social Media has brought a whole new light to the wedding world. Facebook and Instagram live give those who couldn’t make it the privilege of a sneak peek. Customize these shared moments on Snapchat by designing your own filter for your guests to use throughout the day! And of course you NEED your own wedding hashtag! Utilize a funky and couple appropriate name so you are able to look back at all of your guests photos shared throughout the ceremony and reception. The possibilities with social media are endless!!
The Themed Wedding
If you’re really looking to push the envelope for your wedding this season, opt for a themed wedding. For couples who are both passionate about the same thing (a book, a movie, a song, an idea), a themed wedding is a great opportunity to showcase your cute and quirky side. You’d be surprised how into it your guests will be! Our Boston wedding event planning company has designed and implemented dozens of themed weddings. It’s important to make sure you have a professional event planning company with an eye for perfection and creativity work with you to make your dream theme come alive.
Have a wedding idea or theme in mind and need help making it become a reality? Contact Art of the Event today to discuss your ideas!
New year, new hires, New Products, new awards, new adventures!
Happy New Year Everyone!
We here at Art of the Event, Inc. are so excited for 2017 and all the promises it will bring. But before we forge ahead with new events and projects, we thought it might be a good time to pause and share with you some of our recent news!!
Formerly of PEP Events Management and Best of Boston, Ltd., Bill brings over twenty years experience in event planning, operations, transportation services and DMC management to our team. We are thrilled to have him on board for Meetings and Events Services! His vast knowledge of the Boston and wider New England markets pair perfectly with our design and events skills— bringing our clients and friends, even more, services and expertise. Welcome, Bill!
We also welcome Ken Mayers to the team! With his extensive background in catering and sales, we knew Ken would be an event coordinating Rock Star. What we didn’t know was just what a talented Event Designer he is! With his impeccable taste, impressive styling abilities, warm personality and outstanding professionalism, we know our clients and colleagues will soon find out what we already know— working with Ken Mayers is a pleasure! We’re so glad you’re here, Ken!
We are equally thrilled to introduce Margaret Heffernan to our colleagues in the meetings and events industry. Margaret is our new Production Coordinator and is she ever doing a bang up job!! An experienced stage manager, Margaret is using her background in live theatrical management to coordinate our fabrication and production teams, work out our employee schedules and magically resolve various front of house IT challenges. Great job, Margaret!!
When AOTE moved into our facility in Wilmington MA three short years ago, I had no idea how quickly our 45K+ warehouse would fill up! From signage to theme decor, furniture and stage sets, all the way through to our table top elements and various fabrics, we have doubled our products already. If you are interested in viewing new products or just brainstorming some ideas, feel free to reach out to either myself or Tom Kraig for a personalized tour.
New: Nesting End Tables
New: Black Puzzle Walls
New: Z-Base End Tables
I was thrilled to attend the NACE Experience Conference in Hollywood, Florida this year and accept a prestigious Nace National award for Best Event Production for myself and AOTE’s Business Development Manager, Tom Kraig. This award was the product of a great team effort by AOTE fabricators, artists and our front of house staff. Thank you all so much!
I was also happy to receive a Brava Award celebrating “high impact” female business leaders in the Boston Area. The write-up, as well as those of the other winners, can be found on-line under 2016 Brava Award for CEOs.
2016 NACE Award
2016 BRAVA Award
Did you know Art of the Event, Inc’s great service, and products are both available outside of the Boston Area? We often do work throughout the New England states and islands. This past year we’ve traveled south to New York, New Jersey, and Florida. We even went out west to Utah and all the way to California to design and set up stage sets, tradeshow booths, and events for our clients. If you have an upcoming event, meeting or tradeshow, here or elsewhere, think of us first, your total event solution!
Brand Exposure across New England
AOTE working on a backdrop in NYC
AOTE setting up a wedding in Nantucket
- New Interactive Tech Decor
- What better way to engage guests than with new media? At Art of the Event, we’ve been incorporating new media into custom designs for pieces such as bar backs. Our minimalist designs compliment large, flat screen monitors that can functions as simply TVs, broadcasting news and sports, or as live-feed monitors for content being created elsewhere.
Live TV featured on bar back
Live Stream of guest photo booth
- New Seating
- We recently updated our inventory with a variety of seating options, including white cushioned bar stools and round, armless banquette sofas. Both styles of soft seating feature tufted white leather with soft buttons and are paired with chic, silver accents (frame/legs). The stools are adjustable and feature a foot rest. The round banquette seating is perfect for lounge areas and adds an unexpected element of design to any room. Both come at a modest rental price. Call us today to learn more!
White, Cushioned Bar Stool
White, Round Banquette Sofa
- New Interactive Food Stations
- Immerse guests in your theme with interactive food stations! Making food stations fun and interesting adds a lot of flare to any event. At Art of the Event, we have a trendy selection of custom made interactive food stations. The attention to detail leaves such an impression, guests will be talking about the party for years after.
Customized Food Truck Cut-outs
For all your event decor and custom needs, call Art of the Event today.
We are Your Total Event Solution!
We are so thrilled to announce that on Wednesday, October 19th at the Boston Park Plaza Hotel, our president Gayle Gilberto, was selected as a winner of the 2016 SmartCEO Boston Brava Awards! The Brava Awards program celebrates high-impact female business leaders in different areas that include CEOs, Executive Directors of Nonprofits, and C-suite executives.
There is an independent committee of local business leaders that select the winner based on their entrepreneurial spirit and passion for giving back to the community by encouraging local philanthropy, mentoring up-and-coming leaders, and setting their companies on the path to tremendous growth.
Since 2003, Art of the Event has been dedicated to exceptional service and quality custom design for all our clients! Gayle and the Art of the Event team often work with and donate to multiple charities. For instance, on the second anniversary of the Boston Marathon bombing Art of the Event donated lounge seating right by the finish line for the families of those most affected.
Art of the Event, Inc. is Your Total Event Solution for all occasions. Give us a call today at (781) 670.9292 or visit us online at www.artoftheevent.com to learn more!
Decorating a large venue for an event, whether it is a corporate event or wedding, is the perfect opportunity to think outside the box. It’s important to consider the entire space, don’t leave any area unnoticed. Large venues offer you the chance to really use a space creatively, but they can be overwhelming! Here’s our top ten checklist for decorating large venues:
1. Make A Good First Impression: The entryway will be the first thing your guest see. This is your first blank canvas. Consider adding some visual drama by creating a draped or column lined hall leading up to a grand entrance. The added element of anticipation will get guests excited! Archways, plants, and lights add beauty and depth to entrances.
Drape a hall and light it well
Archways feel regal and elegant
Hedge walls add texture to separation
Extravagant lights dazzle guests
2. Divvy It Up: Incorporating a variety of lounge areas, with different shapes and styles, is a great way to design the space. Having an assortment of seating and table options will help break up the emptiness and really transform the venue.
3. Be Natural: Find clever ways to use florals and greenery. Floral wrapped handrails and large floral columns are lovely, unexpected touches. Using trees, vines, and large floral arrangements to divide the space gives guests a natural feeling of closeness. A unique way to divide spaces is by using fountains. They bring a sense of the outdoors in and make a space feel fresh. Don’t forget to balance out all that texture with good lighting!
4. Light it up: Lighting can do more than set the mood, it can be extremely helpful in designing your space. For instance, up-lights and LEDs can serve as columns when set alongside drapery or a plant wall. Lighting can effectively divide areas in your floor plan when used wisely. At Art of the Event we host our own collection of lighting, ready for the challenge!
5. Think Lofty: A fitting ceiling treatment is the perfect thing to top off any large event space! All that head room in your large venue can either serve to captivate guests, or take them out of the experience entirely – what with the pipes or ceiling tiles hanging about. Consider the possibilities, whether it’s floral, greenery, drapery, bistro lights, lanterns or even chairs, the options are literally endless. So what works for your event?
Drapery and custom light fixtures top it all off
Ceiling treatments make guests feel enveloped by class
Use your imagination!
Greenery brings the outdoors in
6. As Above, So Below: Venue floors are generally not pretty. The carpeting or tile is usually chosen based purely on function, not form. We highly recommend that if the floor of your venue doesn’t compliment and fit into your theme, cover it up! Rental carpets and dance floors will revamp the large venue hall and aid in designing the space even more.
7. Use Your Imagination: Vignettes are the perfect opportunity to really take guests to another place and time. They can not only break up large spaces in creative ways, but they offer appealing photo-ops for guests and can serve as dual-function pieces. Art of The Event has done vignettes that house photo booths, go with trade show booths, and even contain sandboxes for kids!
Quincy Market Vignette
Farmer’s Market Vignette
Cantina Fiesta Vignette
Nautical Lighthouse Vignette
8. Set the Stage: Backdrops are another clever way to segment your space and give an experiential bonus to guests, too. Not only can backdrops set the scene for your theme, they can be great photo-ops for guests to interact with.
Backdrops are great decor and photo-ops!
Mixing 3D and 2 D elements feels interactive
Backdrops can serve as walls or room dividers
Backdrops for stages are a must
9. Play with Size: When considering your florals, try varying the sizes of centerpieces. Use a blend of tall and short arrangements with complimentary colors to your overall theme. This is a great and really effective way to fill the emptiness in the room.
10. Add the Finishing Touches: Bathrooms aren’t often considered but they shouldn’t go overlooked. You don’t need to be extravagant, adding simple floral touches and customized soap bars can be just what you need to make your client feel like you’ve thought of it all!
If you need any assistance with your next event (especially in a large venue), contact our award winning event specialists at Art of The Event by calling 781.670.9292 or inquire online!
A corporate holiday party is a perfect opportunity to strengthen relationships and show appreciation for your hard-working employees. Holiday parties foster better friendships, office culture, and improve team building!
While popular holiday party themes like Winter Wonderland Land and Rustic Holiday Lodge are always a good go-to, there are so many more options to explore! Here are five trendy ideas to consider:
- Interactive Events – Interactive experiences foster team bonding, essential to keeping staff morale high. Creative group activities also make for terrific icebreakers amongst people who haven’t interacted much previously. Divide attendees into groups and have them make something together- specialty drinks for a sip and stir, fun food crafts, and Holiday cards are all welcome ideas. Artistic endeavors such as group mural coloring and interactive graffiti walls are right on trend in 2016.
- Charitable Team Bonding – A charitable twist on the above and the perfect gift for the holidays – have your teams pitch in to create a needed donation. Call or have your planner call local charities to see what’s needed and allowed at local shelters, food banks or other non-profits. Build-a-Bike, Build-a-Bear and care packages of toiletry products can make for fun team building activities that make attendees feel great, and companies do something good for the community all at the same time!
- Games, Games, and more Games – Pop-a-shot, air hockey, corn hole, pool, Xbox games – you name it – a series of games placed around your venue or corporate offices will get your guest’s blood pumping! Having games within reach makes group interaction inevitable and a lot of fun. Casino games paired with red carpet and light decor are a perennial favorite!
- Glam Themes – A modern twist on the classic Winter wonderland, Glamorous themed events make all attendees feel like VIPs. Mix in a step-and-repeat where your VIPs can be seen, photographed, and take the instant photos as a party favor! Add sparkling pillows to lounges and shimmering decor on tables for an upscale look. Full Glam theme decor such as Hollywood and Masquerade put a creative twist on the typical holiday party, sure to create a night to remember!
- Whisk them away – Pull up the party buses and limos and go out for a night on the town! A surprise show or sporting event lifts everyone’s spirits. Dinner prior to or a fun after party with desserts will give them time to further enjoy each other’s company.
Need assistance with your Company Holiday plans? Call us with your ideas or your need for ideas. Our event producers and designers are happy to help! Contact us at 781.670.9292 or request more info online!
Sip & Stirs liven up any event
Games are perfect for large groups
Add some glam this winter!
Create care packages for charities
With so many reasons to host your event in the fall, it’s time to start planning! Take advantage of the fall foliage, warm color palette, and crisp air – unlike any other season. Outdoor weddings and corporate events are perfect for the fall, but this magical season doesn’t last long! Don’t let all the natural inspiration during this time of year, perfect for any event, pass you by.
If you’re looking to make your corporate event or party stand out this season there are several choice themes to consider, including Fall Harvest, Sports / Tailgate theme, Medieval Times, Oktoberfest, and Halloween.
Here are our top 5 reasons why fall is the perfect season to host your event!
- Festive Fall Decor: Traditional fall decorations include colorful leaves, sunflowers, scarecrows, pumpkins, and haystacks! For stylish furniture that complements your color palette, wooden accents create a cozy, comfortable setting that the entire party will enjoy and admire.
- The Weather: Crisp air replaces the muggies, allowing for more comfortable outdoor and tented events! Incorporating your theme into the surrounding autumn setting makes any event feel even bigger and better.
- It’s Harvest Season! Celebrate with Interactive Farmer’s Market events, incorporating the bounty of the season into your special day, such as apples, pumpkins, and gourds.The colorful foods and florals of autumn sprinkled throughout add just the right pop of color and texture to more sophisticated events. Combined together in more elaborate arrangements, the same elements create an explosion of hues, mimicking the harvest itself!
- Seasonal Foods: Did we mention it’s Harvest season? Fall is the best time to serve delicious local food, fresh from the farm! Whether you are planning a corporate event or wedding, your caterer and planner can advise on what’s ripe and ideal for serving. Exhibit these in trending food stations such as hot cider or cocoa bars, fondue stations, s’mores bars, or even a personalized bar, boasting all your favorite fall foods and beverages!
- Halloween theme: The kid in us all loves Halloween! Get spooky by adding dry ice to create a dramatic smokey look, sure to hook everyone’s attention. Halloween event decor and entertainment can be playful, scary, or both! Consider Halloween activities like a pumpkin carving competition or a costume contest.
The kids are back at school and everyone is back from summer vacation. This is the perfect time to plan your special event before everyone gets tied up with their personal Holiday business and travel. And if you need any assistance with your upcoming fall event, contact our award winning event specialists at Art of The Event by calling 781.670.9292. We love the Fall too!!
When hosting a booth at any type of tradeshow, you want to stand out from the rest – think outside the box! To create buzz around your area, make your booth arrangement and design unique. Think about creative ways to drive the people you want to meet over to you.
Here are our Top 5 Tips on how to run a successful trade show booth:
- DEVELOP A THEME: Developing a theme is the first thing that should be taken care of. The theme sets your stage. It needs to reflect your business, communicate your brand clearly, and relate to what you are offering customers at this show. Think about your brand and your trade show initiatives- how can your booth communicate both in an interesting, comprehensive and visual way?
- COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGE: Incorporating digital graphics is a great competitive advantage we highly recommend. Displaying a clear message by branding booth accessories and videos of your product in action will attract attendees to your booth. Audiences love short-format, digestible content such as image slideshows and user testimony.
- BE INVITING: Create an inviting booth where attendees will want to stay and converse with your reps. Cozy seating areas are always popular and charging stations fulfill attendee needs. With all of the walking and picture taking tradeshow attendees are doing, be the spot they can take a break at and recharge. Brand your charging stations and welcome them to relax with you for a few minutes.
- BE REFRESHING: Offering guests refreshments or a bit of pampering can increase your ROI. Coffee stations, mini massage stations, and free headshot offerings can help pull in visitors. They won’t forget the brand that took the time to take care of them.
- GIVE THEM SPACE: Be prepared for meetings at the trade show by creating a private space like a small lounge in your booth area. If you have a larger booth, consider creating a VIP area where those sought after attendees can enjoy lockers, treats, and extra attention! More consumers are likely to commit when they feel like they are cared about as an individual.
Our expert event producers and craftsmen create unique tradeshow booths and activities for a variety of industries! Art of the Event offers tradeshow décor and design pieces, we also provide tradeshow and event management. If you are interested in our services, contact us at 781.670.9292 for more information!
Nautical theme parties are a great way to celebrate all that is New England! There are plenty of fun nautical and sea theme decorations to help make your party perfect. Pair your decor with traditional clambake foods for a truly authentic experience. Clambakes are known to be a social custom in most coastal towns and cities throughout New England.
If you are not sure where to start with your nautical theme decor, here are some traditional and contemporary nautical event trends to include at your event!
- Whether they are big or small, sailboats can be displayed anywhere! Rent a large reinforced sail boat and use it to present your raw oyster bar or take small models and use them as decor on your tables.
- Nautical wooden buoys are something you will see throughout the New England seacoast, especially on Cape Cod. When hosting your party, hang these items on your tent poles or over an entryway. Or place clean buoys on table tops to add color and dimension to your food presentations.
- Seashells are lovely, inexpensive accent pieces. Fill clear cylinders and other pieces of glass with pretty shells and sea-glass to create simple and elegant centerpieces.
- Looking to break away from the traditional and make your clambake more elegant? Ditch the checked linens and opt for a more luxe blue options with texture and sparkle.
- Add lush flowers – anywhere you can! Blues and whites pair beautifully with a pop of color, or even by themselves.
- Bold fabric accents, like chevrons or stripes, in nautical flag colors, add an upscale and contemporary freshness to your clambake. Create a nautical clambake by using colors like bright yellow, navy blue and bold red.
Hosting a clambake can be a lot of fun, so play with your approach a little! Whether it’s a relaxed, contemporary style or a chic, elegant one, organizing a sea-worthy party is easy with Art of the Event. Imagine your family and friends enjoying a beautiful sunset on the beach, lounging in classic Adirondacks. Not all sea-farers are so casual, though. We’ve planned and designed for a number of weddings, rehearsal dinners, and receptions; bringing the coast up to class with a modern flare. A clambake theme is also a great approach to corporate outings and social events. From formal to free-spirited, Art of the Event knows how to deliver the perfect nautical theme, tailored to your vision.
Art of The Event is here to help you with your nautical themed event. Contact us at 781.670.9292 for more information on our nautical decor and furniture for your next Clambake or Nautical themed party!
Keeping audiences engaged is a challenge even for the most enigmatic speakers. Set the right tone for your event using a custom stage and stage set, guaranteed to hold the audience’s attention. The stage at your event should evoke your program’s theme and brand at all times.
Here are our Top 5 Pro tips to make your event stage the best possible:
- NOT TO BE LOFTY, BUT: The height of the stage is very crucial for any event or corporate conference. You want to make sure your audience is comfortable; it’s recommended that the stage is at least 12 inches high off the ground, allowing the audience members to have a good line of sight. For larger events, typically the stage should be 3-4 feet high off the ground to elevate the speakers and presentation.
- BE ACCESSIBLE: It’s important to have a stage that is easily accessible for all types of people! Think of who needs to come on stage, and from where. If you know that there will be audience members called on stage it is critical that the stage is fully accessible to everyone.
- SIZE DOES MATTER: The size of the stage is another aspect that you need to take into consideration. Depending how many speakers you plan on having at your events it’s important to have an appropriate stage size. If there will be multiple guests on stage, you need to have a stage large enough to accommodate them.
- MAKE IT MEMORABLE: The decor and design you add to your stage must be large and easy for your audience to see and understand. Custom stage sets are the best way to incorporate these into your presentation. A quality, branded stage set leaves the biggest, best impression on an audience.
- SHINE ON: A custom stage set is much more than just a background. There may be a variety of on-stage elements that are not all created equal, so a well-lit stage and stage set is key to a perfect presentation. You want your brand to be visible to the audience at all times, however, it is important that your speaker(s) remain the focal point.
At Art of the Event, we’ve been perfecting custom stages and stage sets for years, and we have a variety of solutions for your event needs. We have a clever Creative Director and a team of talented in-house artists that can design your perfect stage set. If you are interested in stages and stage sets, contact us at 781.670.9292 or request more info online!
On Tuesday, July 19th we were honored to attend the 2016 NACE Awards in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
The National Association for Catering and Events (NACE) is the first, non-profit, national organization for caterers, event planners, and event professionals that provides education, certification, and a network of resources for members in all segments of the hospitality industry. The National Association for Catering and Events (NACE) paves a clear career path for catering and event professionals that directly affects the way they do business and sets them apart as professionals in the hospitality industry.
The annual National NACE Awards recognize outstanding achievement in event planning and design in various categories and budget ranges. In 2013, Art of The Event was nominated for Best Table Top Presentation and for Best Event Production. We are happy to announce we won the Best Event Production of the Year with a Budget Between $50,000-100,000 at the Fort Lauderdale, Florida NACE Experience Gala Awards this year.
Thank you NACE and we can’t wait for next year!
If you’re hosting a summer event or party this summer, you want to make sure you that yours stands out from all the rest! There are endless opportunities for you to ensure that your guest enjoys themselves and have a memorable experience. If you want to start getting more creative and unique for your summer events, we are here to help you with a few summer event trends!
This is a trendy feature to have at your summer event because it’s easy, interactive, fun way to display and serve food to your guests. These unique build your own bars also referred to as food bars help engage attendees to customize their meal. You can have this feature at more than just your summer events, it would be great for any theme event. Fun themes include a picnic, BBQ, New Year’s Eve party, birthday party, Cinco de Mayo, baby or bridal shower, and weddings!
Examples: Cupcake bar, clambake bar, taco bar, mimosa bar, burger bar, lemonade bar, loaded mashed potato bar, omelet bar, bloody Mary bar, hot chocolate bar, nacho bar, candy bar, etc.
- Nostalgia Marketing
This trend will take people back to a simpler, fun time whether they lived in that time period or not, because everyone can feel the same sense of unity and common ground. Nostalgia Marketing is great for employee bonding, interactive team building, family friendly, and corporate outings/events. Companies use nostalgia marketing as a way to increase perceived organizational support; the degree to which employees believe an organization values their contribution and cares about their well-being, and make for a very memorable event.
Examples: Games: Twister, Jenga, Checkers, Hula Hoops, Corn Hole, Connect Four, & PacMan
Themes: Decades, Roaring 20s, 80s, 90s, Back to the Future, Super Mario, etc.
Music: Spice Girls, MC Hammer, TLC, Backstreet Boys, Pat Benetar, Whitney Houston, & Queen.
- High-Sensory Experience
High- sensory experience can increase in the demand of attendees for a memorable, interactive experience. Attendees do not just want a dinner or meeting when they go out, but an experience. Companies now want to create a memorable event focused on attendee engagement that leads to employees greater perceived organizational supports; the degree to which employees believe an organization values their contribution and cares about their well-being. In turn, this increases event ROI, job involvement, motivation, and performance.
Examples: Implementing themes, games, challenges or competitions, unique and new venues, music, transforming the venue space with the decor and customized branding, social media engagement, etc.
- Color Branding
This feature is trending because color branding helps to create a “WOW-factor” at any event. You can use matching decor, flower arrangements, linen, table settings, the color of the lighting and furniture to brand your event like you brand your company. Color sets the mood of your event and impacts attendees both consciously and unconsciously. Customized branding can transform the event and add a personal touch.
Examples: Specific colors have a psychological impact; blue is calming, red is exciting, white is refreshing, etc.
- Non-floral Centerpieces
Incorporating non-floral centerpieces can help create a unique atmosphere and eye-catching to all. These centerpieces are a great, affordable and inexpensive alternative to floral arrangements.
Examples: Candles, mismatched modern lighting, balloons, assorted glassware, string lights, paper lanterns, fresh fruit arrangements, etc.
If you are in need of any event decor for any summer event, contact Art of The Event at 781.670.9292 or fill out our contact form online!
As we are now officially in the Summer season, it’s time to start planning and prepping for your summer parties and events! Whether it be for a graduation party or celebrating the Fourth of July with friends and family, you want to make sure your party is top notch! Ensuring that your guests are always having a great time is a top priority for any summer event, so what better way to make that happen than by incorporating entertaining games and activities?
A popular summer game which can be played on a lawn, in a parking lot, or on the beach is cornhole. To keep the party going all night long, you could invest in our new glowing cornhole boards for your event. A well-known game that can be played both indoors or outdoors is ping-pong. Our lawn sized Shuffleboard and Jenga are also classic party games that most people are familiar with and will enjoy at any summer outing. If your party is taking place indoors, you can get offer a sporty option for your guests with Pop-A-Shot Basketball or Foosball!
If you want to step up your game selection at your summer gathering, there are other options you can choose from. Plinko and Wheel of Fortune are very popular on game shows and could be a great addition to your summer party!
Event Theme Tip: Pair all of these games with a Tiki Bar and our Blonde Picnic Tables to create a luau atmosphere!
If you are interested in adding any of these types of games to your next summer party, contact Art of The Event! If you need a unique idea for your company’s summer outing, we can help you out with games as well as event decor. To help you get inspiration, check out an event we did at Danversport Yacht Club for a corporate summer outing! We have a variety of games available, for more information fill out our form online or call us at 781.670.9292.
Traditional and Creative Uses
If you have upcoming events or parties for your company, you want to make sure you know how to properly display your brand in the perfect way. There are a variety of ways to incorporate your brand throughout an event in both traditional and creative uses.
Standard Ideas for Branding:
- Stage Backdrops
- Having a stage backdrop at your event can help make a statement and grab your audience’s attention with this visual branding option.
- First impressions are very important, so when your guests walk into your event, it could be a good idea to have the brand displayed at the entryway to welcome guests while letting them know they are in the right place and hint on what is to come!
- Floral Centerpieces
- Floral Centerpieces and arrangements can be used as branding by having flowers throughout your event in your company’s colors! Our in-house florists know many different varieties to suit your needs.
- Elevator & Escalator Graphics
- Another opportunity for branding is by utilizing the blank spaces on elevators and escalators in a hotel with eye-catching graphics. It works great for multi-day events where guests are staying in that hotel and you can relay your message throughout the day.
- Puzzle Walls & Signage
- Eye-catching puzzle walls and signage dividers are great ways for displaying products and materials. They also work great as event space dividers for all types of meetings and events.
Creative Ideas for Branding:
- Floral Columns
- Don’t go the traditional route with florals just being displayed on tables and buffet areas, be imaginative
and string the company’s corporate colors throughout the event with Floating Frame Columns to use as room dividers, wayfinding and more!
- Custom Artwork & Bar Backdrops
- Transform a reception space and custom design a piece of artwork to be a backdrop for a bar. Cover unwanted windows in a space with large graphics that go with the theme or are part of branding guidelines, opportunities are endless.
- Sculptural Pieces
- Make a statement upon entering an event or tradeshow by making the company logo a sculpture!
- Specialty Floor graphics
- Most floor surfaces including hardwood, tile, carpet, concrete and brick can have floor graphics on them, this creative marketing method can help customize your event from top to bottom.
- A creative branding technique is displaying your company’s statistics in an infographic to show off your companies accomplishments!
If you are interested in unique ways to incorporate branding into your event, contact us at Art of The Event at 781.670.9292 for more information!
The Indian culture celebrates marriage as a sacrament that allows two individuals to start their journey in life together. A traditional Indian wedding, also called a ‘Vivaah’, usually lasts an average of three days sometimes even a week! The wedding ceremony is a religious ritual that unites the bride and groom, as well as their families.
A few traditions of Indian weddings:
- Baraat: The groom’s procession escorted by his family and friends where the groom arrives at the entrance of the venue on a horse.
- Jai Mala: This is the exchange of Garlands of the bride and groom that represents their acceptance of one another.
- Kanyadan: This is when the father pours sacred water in his daughter’s hand and places her hand in the groom’s hand, officially giving away his most valuable gift to the groom.
- Mangal Phere: This means the Circling the Sacred Fire; this is when the couple walks around the sacred fire seven times keeping in mind the four aspirations in life.
The attire and décor of Indian weddings are always in vibrant colors and dazzling jewelry. An Indian wedding is known for its beautiful traditions, rich colors, and festive atmosphere. If you need help with wedding décor or services for a wedding, contact Art of the Event at 781.670.9292 or fill out a contact form online!
Since wedding season is approaching us along with this beautiful weather, certain brides may need some help to stay organized. We put together some popular and useful apps that bride- to-be should check out before their wedding day!
- Appy Couple
- This app is a great way to design your perfect personalized wedding website! You can set-up every part of the wedding experience from the bachelorette party to the ceremony and honeymoon, and you share this information with guests through an email list or by Facebook. Also, to help avoid the hassle of doing everything through the mail, guests can RSVP through the app and choose their reception meal!
- Wedding Party
- Wedding Party allows your friends and family to share all the photos from your wedding and other special events in one app with everyone. Any guest that has the app will be able to share and comment on any photo!
- The Knot Ultimate Wedding Planner
- This wedding planning app helps brides-to-be with a task list so they know what exactly has to be done. Also, if brides are in need of some inspiration this app allows you to look through a variety of real wedding photos. A great feature on this app is that you can search different photographers, caterers, florists, videographers and more wedding vendors available in your area!
- This app is an online registry that has a barcode scanner in it that lets you scan any item from any store into a simple wish list! Then, your guests can view your list by either downloading the app or visiting the RightGift website.
- Wedding Happy is a simple and organized app that makes it easier for you to plan your wedding. Once you enter in your wedding date, WeddingHappy will automatically create personalized to-do lists. The app will also give you a notification when the deadline of a task is approaching in case it slips your mind!
We are very lucky to work with a group of experienced and talented artists to help us create some of our elaborate décor pieces for weddings and events.
We work extensively with a crew of:
- Master Artisans
- Graphic Designers
- Sound and Lighting Technicians
- Experienced Event Producers
One of our artists that we have worked very closely with is Brian Sage, who describes himself as an American Impressionist. His stunning artwork has the ability to capture the viewer in and guides their eyes through any of his paintings. Last year, Brian was inducted to The Copley Society of Artists (CoISo). He just finished his three series of art festivals down in Florida and will be returning to New England as the weather turns warmer for Spring.
Brain has recently helped us create our brand new line of Artisans Bars that are available for a variety of different events. The unique artisan bar options are Beach Wave Scene, Winter Mountain, and Western Hills. All these artisan bars come with a customizable built- in LED light rail that showcases the artwork and makes any event that much more unique!
Our employees are all brilliant at what they do and with all their hard work we are able to offer our extensive customization services. If you are interested in one of our Artisan Bars for your next event, contact Art of the Event at 781.670.9292 or request more information online!
There are many different aspects to consider when picking your wedding floral designer:
- Do your homework. Don’t trust pictures, they mean nothing
- Look for tangible proof of a company or designers past / ability
- Publications, venue and vendor recommendations – anyone can build a website and make an album!
- If they don’t provide a free sample pay for one – it’s worth it!
- Like & trust your designer
- Besides a wedding planner (if you have one) and your photographer – your florist will have the most contact and connection with you.
- While ultimately the quality of their work is number one, getting along with your designer is paramount to a beautiful event.
- Not only will you be in constant contact with your designer throughout the process to ensure the actualize your vision, they are also a part of your most intimate moments like when they deliver your bridal florals while you are getting ready for your day!
- Ask how many events / wedding will your company be doing that day
- Will your designer be present or just send a bunch of delivery people
- Your designer should be on site the day of your wedding – prepared to handle anything unexpected – flowers are a perishable product and things happen
- You don’t want to go through the process with someone and have them no where to be found on your big day
- How does their pricing work?
- No one does anything for free – if labor, delivery, set-up and strike are not mentioned or charged for specifically somewhere then where is that coming from? Chances are it’s built into the pricing if this is the case, so what portion is going to the flowers?
- Do you do a walk-through? Do you charge for it?
- Based on my (the client’s) style, venue (& budget if you have one) what would you suggest I do?
- This question will give a real sense of your designers experience – how well they know the space / venue, their sense of design and what elements they feel are most important based on their experience, if you have an established budget how they would best allocate it for maximum impact.
If you are interested in our event services, contact Art of The Event at 781.670.9292 or request more info!
A trending feature for wedding and events that has become very popular over the past couple of years has been a French rustic style. This French inspired Chateau style can transform any wedding or event into a romantic natural atmosphere. Our artisans and craftsmen have taken this trend and designed a complete collection of Chateau rental pieces. Besides incorporating this style into weddings, you can use this theme for birthday parties, anniversary dinners, holiday parties, or summer outings. This style always invites a warm and welcoming ambiance to any event, which will make your guest have an even more memorable time!
You can incorporate this French style into any aspect of an event or wedding including furniture like:
- Bar Sets
- Dining and Share Tables
- Low top tables & Cocktails
- Lounge Areas and Chairs
- Custom Signage
Check out our Chateau photo gallery! These stunning pieces were all custom made in house by our artisans and can be available for any event! If you are interested in renting any pieces from our Chateau collection, request more info online or contact us at 781.670.9292.